Sunday, August 30, 2009

Skyscapes - Part 1

They say: “In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true.” Looking up at the sky and admiring the God's blue yonder never ceases to amaze me. Needless to add, photographing the sky is one of my lasting pastimes... here are some of my skyscapes from around the world captured through the years with my various Nokia phones - from the humble 6610i, the 6670, the N72 and the E71 and my good old Samsung digicam...

I remember reading a Dennis the Menace comic strip many moons back in which Dennis and Joey are looking up at the night sky and Dennis tells Joey, imagine if heaven looks so beautiful from down here - what would it actually be like up there... the last half dozen pictures on this post, are dedicated to Dennis... this is what heaven looks like 3 miles high in the sky from inside an airplane...