Sunday, August 30, 2009

Beautiful Dawn

Digha is the most popular sea resorts for Bongs along with Puri. It's about a 160 Kms from Kolkata and easily accessible by road (especially by the "Rocket" buses that ply or rather fly down the highway without a care for what or who come in their path!) - we headed to Digha in 2007 to celebrate Holi - the festival of colours. My family and I are not too fond of being doused with colour in Holi and prefer to retreat to a safe haven for the festival when we can...

That Holi was truly a celestial festival of colours as you can see from the pictures... getting up at five thirty in the morning was never more worth it!


Maybe James Blunt was alluding to this morning when he sang..
Beautiful dawn - lights up the shore for me.
There is nothing else in the world,
I'd rather wake up and see (with you).
Beautiful dawn - I'm just chasing time again...